Re-opening Feet First Reflexology and operating safely according to the new COVID-19 Secure Guidelines
Today, 10th July 2020, the Government and the Association of Reflexologists have given the go ahead to re-open our businesses from 13th July 2020. Therefore, I am pleased to inform you that on 13th July at 10am Feet First Reflexology will reopen.
You will notice some changes which are necessary to comply with the new COVID-19 Secure Guidelines.
These are designed to keep you and me safe until coronavirus has been completely eradicated.
They will not however change the nature of your treatment or reduce the emotional and physical health benefits it provides.
So, what exactly is changing?
Important changes at Feet First Reflexology Bluntisham
I am fully implementing the Association of Reflexologists Covid-19 Secure Workplace Policy to minimise the risk of contracting or transmitting the virus.
This means that I will:
- Remove all non-essential items from my treatment room
- Use washable fabric coverings for essential furniture and replace them after each treatment
- Wash all towels and linen at 60 degrees
- Wear dedicated clothes for each treatment
- Wash my hands before and after treatments
- Deep clean my treatment room before, between and after clients
- Air the room between treatments – and where possible, during treatments
- Wear a face covering at all times
During the summer months – weather permitting – you may also opt to take your treatment outside on the decking or in the garden.
Please be assured that I will do everything possible not only to keep you safe during your visit to Feet First Reflexology but also to make your time with me relaxing, enjoyable and beneficial to your mental and physical wellbeing.
What to expect at the time of booking your treatment
In the interests of health and safety I am offering only 2 treatments per day. One in the morning at 10 am and one in the afternoon at 2 pm.
All treatments should now be booked online. You will receive an email confirmation at the time of booking and a reminder email the day before your treatment.
Please note you MUST reply to this reminder email stating that you do not have Covid-19 symptoms, nor have you been in contact with anyone else showing symptoms or someone who has had a recent positive test.
The online booking process is extremely simple. All you need to do is to head over to the book page itself to make your next appointment.
What to expect on the day of your treatment
My aim is to continue to provide a wonderful reflexology or reiki experience whilst being Covid-19 Secure.
You will have the same quiet location, peaceful outlook and soft music. The treatments themselves will be very much hands-on whilst adhering to strict hygiene guidelines.
Here’s what to expect when you next visit Feet First Reflexology:
1. On arrival I will ask you to confirm that you are free of the symptoms of Covid-19 and you have not been in contact with anyone else with coronavirus or someone who has had a recent positive test.
2. I will ask you to clean your hands using the hand sanitiser I will provide.
3. I will ask you to wear a face covering. I will provide you with either a re-useable lightweight fabric mask or a surgical paper mask. Alternatively you can wear one of your own.
4. Once in the treatment room please remove your shoes and socks and place them and all personal belongings in a box provided for this purpose. Please limit the personal items you bring into the room.
5. Please be seated on my therapy couch as foot spas are not premitted at this time. I will take pre-treatment notes as before but I will no longer ask you to sign the consent form for your treatment.
6. I will carry out your reflexology or reiki treatment in exactly the same way as before Covid-19.
7. At the end of the treatment, I will offer you a bottle of water as it is important to keep hydrated.
8. Please make payment by contactless credit/debit card or by bank transfer.
9. I will ask you to keep your mask on until you leave the room and take it away with you to wash and re-use for your next visit if you are using a fabric mask. Please dispose of any, single use, paper masks in the general waste bin when you get home.
You may of course still use the toilet, if necessary, by entering the house via the front door where the downstairs toilet is located.
This area will be deep cleaned after each use for your protection.
What to expect after your treatment
As normal, I will give you plenty of time after the treatment has finished for you to hydrate, ask any questions and gather your thoughts and belongings before you leave feeling relaxed, refreshed and rebalanced.
In the days following your treatment, if you begin to feel unwell and suspect that you may have coronavirus, please stay at home, self-isolate and get a Covid-19 test.
If you are self isolating with suspected Covid-19 or test positive, please inform me straightaway so that I can exercise my duty of care towards other clients of Feet First Reflexology.
As a reminder, the main symptoms of Covid-19 are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you have noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
For more details on coronavirus please visit the NHS website
Further Questions on Re-opening Feet First Reflexology and Covid-19
I hope this page provides the information you need to know about treatments at Feet First Reflexology during the time of Covid-19.
Even though I am having to change the way I operate, I remain confident that you will still receive a wonderful hands on treatment for improved wellbeing at this time when we all need some extra nurturing and support.