England is still in full lockdown to try and bring the number of Covid-19 cases to a manageable level. Here are some reflexology covid guidelines that Feet First Reflexology is implimenting.
The Prime Minister issued a statement on Monday 22nd outlining a ‘one-way road map to freedom’.
Reflexology comes under the umbrella of ‘personal care’ and is scheduled to re-open from 12th of April 2021. This is the date I am working towards for re-open for reflexology and reiki treatments.
We are never going to eradicate Covid, but we can learn to live with it and follow some simple guidelines.
Get vaccinated and continue with Hands, Face, and Space.
I am fully implementing the Association of Reflexologists Covid-19 Secure Workplace Policy. Inorder, to minimise the risk of contracting or transmitting the virus.
This means that I will:
- Ensure only essential items are in the treatment room
- Provide a box for you to put your belongings in
- Enure all couch coverings and towel will be fresh for each client and then washed at 60 degrees
- Wear dedicated uniform which is changed after each treatment
- Sanitize my hands before and after your reflexology session
- Clean my treatment room before, between and after each client
- Air the room between treatments – and where possible, during treatment
- Wear a face covering at all times
- Display the QR code for you to scan upon your arrival
- Provide you with a sealed bottle of water to take away with you after your treatment
What to expect at the time of booking your treatment?
In the interests of health and safety I am offering only 3 treatments per day. 10am, 2pm and 5pm.
All treatments should now be booked online. You will receive an email confirmation at the time of booking and a reminder email/text the day before your treatment.
Please note you MUST reply to this reminder email/text stating that you do not have Covid-19 symptoms, nor have you been in contact with anyone else showing symptoms or someone who has had a recent positive test.
The online booking process is extremely simple. All you need to do is to head over to the book page itself to make your next appointment.
What to expect on the day of your treatment?
My aim is to continue to provide a wonderful reflexology or reiki experience whilst being Covid-19 Secure.
You will have the same quiet location, peaceful outlook, and soft music. The treatments themselves will be very much hands-on whilst adhering to strict hygiene guidelines.
Here is what to expect when you next visit Feet First Reflexology:
1. On arrival I will ask you to confirm that you are free of the symptoms of Covid-19 and you have not been in contact with anyone else with coronavirus or someone who has had a recent positive test. And, that you are not returning from another country and been asked by the government to self-isolate.
2. I will ask you to sanitise your hands using the hand sanitiser I will provide.
3. I ask that you arrive wearing a face covering. I can provide you with a surgical paper mask if necessary.
4. Once in the treatment room please remove your shoes and socks and place them and all personal belongings in a box provided for this purpose. Please limit the personal items you bring into the room.
5. My NHS QR code is above the box for your belongs for you to us with the NHS App for track and trace purposes.
5. You will then be asked to be seated on the chair so that I can take pre-treatment notes whilst you relax with your feet soaking in the Cooper Foot spa filled with warm water and Epsom salts.
6. From here you will move onto the treatment couch where I will carry out your reflexology or reiki treatment in exactly the same way as before Covid-19.
7. At the end of the treatment, I will offer you a bottle of water to take away and drink, as it is important to keep hydrated.
8. Please make payment by contactless credit/debit card or by bank transfer.
9. I will ask you to keep your mask on until you leave the room and take it away with you to wash and re-use for your next visit if you are using a fabric mask. Please dispose of any single use, paper masks in the general waste bin when you get home.
You may of course still use the toilet, if necessary, by entering the house via the front door where the downstairs toilet is located.
This area will be deep cleaned after each use for your protection.
What to expect after your treatment?
As normal, I will give you plenty of time after the treatment has finished for you ask any questions and gather your thoughts and belongings before you leave feeling relaxed, refreshed, and rebalanced.
In the days following your treatment, if you begin to feel unwell and suspect that you may have coronavirus, please stay at home, self-isolate and get a Covid-19 test.
If you are self-isolating with suspected Covid-19 or test positive, please inform me straightaway so that I can exercise my duty of care towards other clients of Feet First Reflexology.
As a reminder, the main symptoms of Covid-19 are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you have noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
For more details on coronavirus please visit the NHS website
Further Questions Reflexology and Covid-19
I hope this page provides the information you need to know about treatments at Feet First Reflexology during the time of Covid-19.
Even though I am having to change the way I operate, I remain confident that you will still receive a wonderful hands-on treatment for improved wellbeing at this time when we all need some extra nurturing and support.